Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Look At Coupons

I am NOT a Coupon Queen. I am lousy at keeping them organized. I don't get the newspaper and I am lousy at remembering to print them from MyPoints. I have, however, discovered another place to get coupons that I seem to actually be able to manage. I have settled into a routine and it seems to actually be fairly easy. The first thing I do is make a written grocery list. Then I go down the list and think of all the manufacturers for each item. For example, spaghetti sauce would yield Ragu, Prego, Hunts, etc. Then I go to the manufacturers website and look for coupons and offers. I also look at my local grocery store website to see what they have on sale. Last week, they had Smith's milk for $2.99 a gallon. The Smith Diary website had .40 coupons for milk. I got my milk for $2.59 a gallon. I generally shop for a two week supply. My last shopping trip netted me $9.75 in savings. The take-away lesson here is to bookmark all the manufacturers of items you normally buy and check them before you shop. If you really are a Coupon Queen, you can couple your already considerable skills with this little tip and save a ton of grocery money.

No comments: